Here are the upcoming events and activities,
- August 8th, 6:30 pm: HOPE PLACE GRADUATION. Come hear stories of hope and transformation.
- August 12th: Church in the Park: We're meeting to worship Jesus @ Gene Coulon Park! 10 am - 12:30 pm. We'll be singing songs and having baptisms! Pray that the Lord will use this as an opportunity to share the Gospel. If you are able to bring additional people in your vehicle or you need a ride to the event, please fill out the following form https://goo.gl/forms/BzHZyebAPDVdq2or2. We will NOT be meeting at the UGM building but over at Gene Coulon Memorial Park in Renton. Feel free to bring a sack lunch, beach towels, folding chairs, etc.
If you are interested in being baptized, please connect with Pastor Kyle Van Tine or Ops Coordinator David Harris this week
- August 19th - Members Meeting after church: All are invited. Childcare not available but lunch will be provided. Information on church business, our mission and the vision for the next season
- September 15th: Women's Brunch, 10 am @ UGM. Have a chance to sit down, be served and hang out with others. Estimated Cost $15 dollars. Financial assistance available. For more information contact Crystal Van Tine at email@example.com
- September 28-30: Men's Retreat at Camp Camrec. Suggest Cost $100. For more information contact Doug Foreman at Dougforeman@comcast.net
What have been some of the most helpful insights from our summer in the Psalms series for you?
How is God growing, challenging and moving you this summer?
God knows me completely - Omniscience (1-6) We live in a world of increasing depersonalization where we are often thought of more as a number than an individual. What are some examples of depersonalization that you have experienced? What are some of the things that David praises God for in verses 1-6? How does our understanding of our relationship with God change when we know that he already knows us completely and that we can hide nothing from him? What ways might we be tempted to pretend that God doesn't know everything?
God is always with me - Omnipresence (7--12) - David praises God that he is with him where ever he goes. What are some ways that God is with us according to verses 7-12? How should God's nearness to us affect the way we behavior at work, with friends and in private?
God made me specifically - Creatorship (13-18) - David praise God for making him. What specific things cause David to rejoice in verses 13-18? How should this verse impact our perspective on our bodies? What ways might we be tempted to ridicule and belittle ourselves and our own bodies? How can knowing that God has already ordained all the days of your life provide you with comfort in the midst of uncertainty or suffering?
God wants me to be like him - Holiness (19-24) - David asks God to bring in end to the wickedness in the world and the wickedness in his own heart. How does having a heart for God create in us a hatred for sin? Why can't we just love God and not care about sin? Why does God continue to allow evil people in the world? How do these verses fit with the ministry and teachings of Jesus? David asks God to search his own heart too - In what ways might we judge others that we wouldn't judge ourselves? How is submitting our hearts to God's inspection right considering the entire psalm? What ways might we try to withhold things from God? How can we apply what we have learned throughout the Psalms series into our daily lives? How can we pray for each other?
Grace and Peace